Interested in Advertising in the Maturity Journal? Please contact us for rates and information.
Why market to the mature audience?
With substantial advertising dollars being spent on millennials, many experts feel that a very important segment of the population is being overlooked ‒ the 50+ audience. And here are some reasons why:
▪ By the early 2020s, 50% of America’s population will be at least 50.
▪ A baby boomer (born between 1945 & 1964) is turning 60 every 7 seconds.
▪ Seniors and boomers represent the single largest consumer group in America.
▪ Seniors have more disposable income than any other group, representing 70% of the disposable income in the U.S.
▪ 77% of all assets in America are owned by people over age 55.
▪ The 74+ age group is the fastest growing network in social media.
▪ Today’s older Americans live longer, have lower rates of disability and achieve higher levels of education than their predecessors.
▪ The senior population will double over the next 25 years.
(Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Nielsen and others)
The Maturity Journal is the only local medium dedicated solely to the 50+ crowd, and although we have a growing number of younger readers, our focus is no secret. Our readers are dedicated and loyal, and they’ve grown accustomed to a trustworthy publication with quality advertisers.
On March 1, 2018, our circulation was 14,000 with an estimated readership of 20,000-30,000. By June 30, 2018, our circulation will increase to 15,000, and we will continue to have a very high pick-up rate each month (estimated (98%-plus).
If your business has a story to tell, we encourage you to contact us for rate information and other details.